CanSave strongly believes in integration and equal opportunity. CanSave works with its employees with Disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under Ontario’s Law’s.
Immediate Opening for an: Industrial Process Engineer
Can-Save (www.cansave.ca), a progressive building materials distributor and manufacturer – specializing building materials, doors, and kitchen and bath cabinets, has an immediate opening for an Industrial Process Engineer. This new position will report directly to the President, while working alongside both the Door Production, Cabinet Production and IT Managers.
The Industrial Process Engineer’s main responsibility is to support and improve manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, performing, documenting, and rolling out process changes, updating job descriptions and responsibilities, standardizing work flows, all while working towards overall “scalability” and capacity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide industrial engineering services to assist and guide Cabinet and Door Production Managers in evaluating, measuring and recommending improvements to company efficiencies, operations, processes, systems and equipment.
- Maximize process efficiency taking into consideration and establishing at a minimum: the facility layout; the optimum utilization and performance of equipment; upkeep of process documentation; (KPI’s) key performance indicators and targets; process cost improvements and tracking; continuous improvements; training requirements; and execution for new and modified processes.
- Conduct, acquire, plan, perform and oversee facility and equipment assessment and process audits (material handling, assembly, waste generation, processing, etc.) based on established procedures and within relevant set guidelines.
- Remain current on applicable legislation/regulation.
- Develop, track and implement continuous improvement projects for the cabinet, door and distribution departments including their procedures, and customer satisfaction metrics, including warranty claims.
Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of a diploma and/or degree in Industrial Engineering from an accredited program or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a manufacturing or similar environment performing industrial engineering techniques. Work experience in a related industry (door or cabinetry) would be preferred, but not essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience as a team and/or senior project lead.
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing, material handling, and distribution processes; related efficiency improvements and techniques (example – time studies).
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation, and related processes.
- Demonstrated competence in reporting, process development and project management.
- Must be highly proficient with various computer programs (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be able to work independently, set priorities and also work effectively as part of a project team.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and carry out projects with the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and follow up.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, and strong conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills; complete projects prior to deadlines.
- Must be well organized, hold keen attention to detail, and provide quality reports
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal/moderate.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.