Typar Weather Protection System
Start Smart with the Typar Weather Protection System. We provide you with all the Typar products you need to complete
your home envelope. Install our complete system of TYPAR BuildingWraps, Flashings and Construction Tape and get the backing of a lifetime limited warranty.*
4 key advantages over other building wraps:
1. Superior water holdout – blocks water from entering the wall cavity.
2. Exceptional moisture vapor transmission (MVT) – it breathes so moisture can escape
the wall cavity.
3. Superior tear strength – proven to withstand heavy winds and is almost five times
stronger than the leading competitive wrap.
4. Optimal surfactant and UV resistance – reduces the damaging effects that oils and
tannins from cedar siding, cement siding, stucco, brick and soaps from power washing can
have. Stands up to the beating sun on the jobsite for up to 6 months without degradation.
TYPAR® BuildingWrap is more than an extra layer of protection that secures the building envelope from the outside. It’s also an added level of assurance that homes and structures will feel more comfortable on the inside.
TYPAR BuildingWrap eliminates drafts in the wall, which helps reduce energy costs. Plus, the TYPAR® material itself will not support the growth of mold or disintegrate over time. And that means more confidence and fewer worries over the long haul.
Flashing AT (All Temperature)
Flashing AT provides protection against moisture penetration at windows, doors, and thru-wall entry points.
Count on maximum adhesion to OSB, plywood, aluminum, vinyl and the weather resistant barrier – even in extreme temperature conditions.
• Suitable for installation down to 0°F
• Thermally stable up to 180°F
• Capable of adhering to wet surfaces
• Exceeds current AAMA 711 standards
• Self-sealing around nail penetrations
• Split poly backing for easy install
• No primer required
• No VOC, NFCC or CFC
• 2-year shelf life
• 10-year limited warranty*
Typar Flashing Panels
Defending each square inch of the building envelope matters. And so does using every minute to the fullest. TYPAR Flashing Panels are designed specifically for the tasks of blocking air leakage and water intrusion at electrical, plumbing and A/C wall penetrations—and helping you do the job efficiently.
• Electrical, plumbing and A/C panels available
• Self-seals around fasteners
• Works with most types of claddings
• Options to fit various pipe types and sizes
• Install electrical and plumbing panel before or after building wrap
• Paintable A/C panels blend with home exterior
Designed for affordability and easy installation, TYPAR Butyl Flashing has the basics covered. But even better, it’s formulated without VOC’s and it’s compatible with most caulks and sealants used for window installation. Unlike rubberized asphalt-based flashings, it performs over a broader temperature range, delivering a durable, longer-lasting seal.
• Contains no VOCs and won’t off-gas
• Won’t interact with most caulks and sealants
• Split poly backing for easy installation
• Suitable for installation down to 30° F (-1° C)
• Thermally stable up to 180° F (82° C)
• Remains pliable for a more durable seal
• Lifetime limited warranty*
Finish Right with TYPAR Construction Tape
A strong, coated polypropylene film that seals seams and edges to ensure the integrity of the building envelope. Use it on window flanges, corners, joints and seams to improve the building envelope and air and moisture holdout. Won’t deteriorate over time providing years of reliable performance
Typar Flashing Flex
A conformable, composite peel and stick flashing product, ideal to flash around curved windows. Use it on window flanges, sill plates, corners and joints to improve air and moisture holdout. Based on a two-ply oriented high density polyethylene film, mated to a premium butyl rubber adhesive and release sheet.
• Ideal to flash around curved windows – also on window flanges, sill plates, corners and joints
• Improves air and moisture holdout
• 2-ply oriented high density polyethylene film – mated to a premium butyl rubber adhesive and release sheet